Short History of EgansHouse
comprises numbers 7 and 9 Iona Park, Glasnevin, Dublin 9.
Iona Park was built between 1909 and 1911 as part of the development of Henry Gore Lindsays estate in Glasnevin. Numbers 7 & 9 Iona Park were built in 1909 and 1910 respectively, by the renowned builder, Alexander Strain. The representatives of Henry Gore Lindsay and Alexander Strain owned these properties until they were purchased by the previous owner of Eganshouse in 1971.
or Glas Naon, Stream of the Infants also known
as Glas Naedhe, O Naeidhes Stream, first came into prominence
in the sixth century, when St Mobhi founded a monastery on the banks
of the river Tolka, on the present site of Glasnevin Village.
After the Anglo-Norman invasion of Ireland in the twelfth century the lands of Glasnevin became the property of the Holy Trinity (Christ Church Cathedral) and in its returns for 1326 it was stated that 28 tenants resided in Glasnevin...